1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What time do you go to bed on a school night?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by regencyrob, May 9, 2011.

1. My colleagues dont believe that I am up to 1 - 2 am on most nights and get up at 6ish to go to work!
    Anyone else like this?
    I really enjoy my weekend lie ins though

2. about the same time i go to bed, but get up about 7ish for school, but currently a student teacher so lots of planning etc.... missing sleeping.... also rather enjoy my lie ins at the weekends... you would have to be brave to try and wake me before noon....

3. *h*

*h* New commenter

Yes, I'm just the same... although by the end of the week I wonder why I do it to myself. I look forward to the weekend lie-in ... kids and "must bark at everything" dog dependent!

4. No kids or dog for me!

5. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

Are you Maggie Thatcher in disguise?

6. *h*

*h* New commenter

Was that an offer to babysit / dog sit? Yes? Wonderful - kids will be up at 6, arguing by 6:01 and just to make sure you're awake, the dog will bark the second the TV gets turned on at 6:03... because she seems to think the dogs on TV (as well as anything else of the 'moving' variety) can hear her barking. Enjoy :)
    Nah, I just hide under the duvet a bit more and enjoy every minute of knowing I don't have to get up.

7. impis

impis New commenter

I go to bed at 9pm, though i'm often 'dropping off' tired before then! My alarm goes off at 5.30 and I'm usually up and about by 5.45. Got up at 5.00 am this morning though as I was aching too much to go back to sleep.

8. I go at about 11am and get up at 6am. Im never awake enough to get up when the alarm goes off, even if I go to bed really early - it just isn't a time I naturally wake up.

9. How can you be tired after 19 hours of sleep a day? :p

10. I like to get my eight hours in bed, even if not all of it is sleeping...... 10.30 if I'm getting up at 6.30........ Fortunately I live at school, so midnight means I can set my alarm for eight, and still be early!

11. Si N. Tiffick

Si N. Tiffick Occasional commenter

Go to bed 10.30-11pm, asleep by midnight (I like to read in bed). Awake about 6, though I can stay in bed for longer dozing. Up by 7am latest.

12. lardylady

lardylady Lead commenter

I have to be in bed by 10.30pm, earlier if possible and I'm up at 6.30am. I usually wake up about 15 minutes before the alarm.

13. It's a rare thing for me to be in bed by midnight, it's generally 1a.m. and my alarm goes off at 6a.m. I've done this for years now and when the children were babies would be regularly up several times during the night. At least I now sleep soundly during the 5 hours. I'm very much a night person and if I didn't work I'm sure that I would choose to go to bed at 3a.m. Long lies at the weekend don't exist for me though, 9a.m. childrens football matches and other family responsibilities in a single parent family prevent that.

14. lrw22

lrw22 Occasional commenter

In bed for about 11.30, get up at 6.30.

15. ian60

ian60 New commenter

I so need to be in bed by 10:00, but so rarely manage it due to faffing on sites like this.
    Up at 6:00, teaching at 7:30
    For those of you who survive on 6 or less hours per night...HOW? I can get away with it for one, or possibly two nights in a week, but then I feel like **** and barely function at all.

16. ditwee

ditwee New commenter

I'm with lardylady. Bed by 10.30. Up by 6.30 latest. I regularly get insomnia though, and go for weeks getting up at between 3 and 4 in the morning. My idea of a weekend lie in is 8 am. When I was doing my PGCE I collapsed at 11.30 and was up at 4 am. I lasted for the year on adrenaline and weekend afternoon naps, but I'll never ever try anything like that again.

17. Asleep by 10.30pm....time I actually go to bed varies- but usually 45min-1 hr before hand to read as I have my herbal tea.
    Get up about 7 most days - some days earlier to go to gym.
    I keep my routine at weekend if I am not out for the night (always leave alarm set so my day starts at 7am)- I find this keeps me from getting over tired or having trouble dropping off

18. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

I'm seriously considering going to bed now.

19. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

My thoughts precisely, I just couldn't do it, I feel terrible if I am short of my perfect 8 - 9hrs a night. I have been known to go to bed at 8.30pm [​IMG] mind you I always read for a bit and lights out is usually before 11pm. The time I get up at varies on workload and commute times. Just now i get up at a relatively late 7.15am. Love it.

20. bnm

bnm

Go to bed between 9 and 10 usually (sometimes 8 if it's getting towards the end of term).
    Alarm is for 7ish, but often awake before then (6ish) so then get into school earlier (7-7.30).