1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What time do you get up on a Sunday?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon3372, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Inspired by milk's thread...
    Chez CQ - we are normally up and about by 7.30 - 8.00 latest, which is a long lie in for us as during the week we are up by 5.30.

2. Inspired by milk's thread...
    Chez CQ - we are normally up and about by 7.30 - 8.00 latest, which is a long lie in for us as during the week we are up by 5.30.

3. I usually start at 6.30 during the week. At weekends it depeneds entirely on what my plans are and what the weather is doing.
    Generally I'd say between 8 and 9.
    10 is a long lie even at the weekeend.
    Today I was up early-ish to get out for milk and papers before the tennis started.

4. I was up at 7am today, I can't stand staying in bed for ages in a morning!
    When I went downstairs I was met by 93 level assessed task's on the kitchen table!

5. I'm usually up and about by 8 on Sunday. Every other day it's 6.30 so we think of 8 as a lie-in.

6. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

let the ducks out at 7:15
    back to sleep for 2-3 hours, 4 ideally

7. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Usually at some point between 8 and 2.

8. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

Depends on the night before but usually about 11.

9. Whenever I wake up.

10. Chica77

Chica77 New commenter

Whatever time my toddler decides he wants to get up! Sometimes we're lucky and it's 8, today it was 7:15, and sometimes it's earlier. I don't mind, it's nice to enjoy more of the day, i just need to make sure I go to bed early!

11. 11?
    2?
    Oh my - I would feel so mightily guilty - that is half the day gone!

12. I am not saying you should feel guilty - but goodness me, I have never slept that long in my life [​IMG]

13. Me too! That'd be the Sunday morning walk out the window! Oh my god! That makes me sound so old!

14. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Usually up by 6.30 as the dog doesn't seem to know it's Sunday

15. I'm usually up quite early - most often between 7 and 8. I then enjoy an hour or two just sitting and chilling before getting on with stuff. In the summer, I'll have my chill time in the garden with a book.

16. Why feel guilty? Sunday is the day that you rest by definition. If you need half the day to rest, then so be it.
    I'm usually up by 9; but there was a time when I wouldn't get out of bed before 2 or 3 pm.

17. LOL - yes, dogs and kids tend to have you up and about early.

18. To me, it is a waste of a day. I did say nobody else needed to feel guilty. Even if resting, I get up!

19. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

Not at all. I work the whole week, do housework and stuff on Saturday. Sunday is my day and if I'm comfy in bed I'll stay there.
    I earn my Sunday mornings.

20. Quite scary to look back to my two years of teaching at my last school when I would sleep in until 4/5pm on a sunday from sheer exhaustion!