1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What time do you get to work?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by aw27, Jul 6, 2011.

1. aw27

aw27 New commenter

Varies wildly! I went from a school where 8:15 was considered early to a school where the norm was 7:15 and 8:15 made you a 'slacker'!
    You'll only really know opinion when you're there.

2. Wow... If you can leave at those times, consistently, and manage to do all that you need to then you're a lucky lady.

My arrival times are normally 45-10 minutes before the buzzer goes in the morning (I don't have a tutor group) and I usually stay for an hour or two after work. I ALWAYS end up working at home though. I have lovely housemates and would rather work with them than alone in my classroom, even if it takes twice as long.

3. I agree wait until you get there evey school is different. It also depends on your circumstances and as long as you are there to do your job I don't know how schools can specify what time you should arrive. I have a family to get to school first before I arrive at a different school, so my arrival times vary. Normally I get to school about 8 and leave at 4.30. There are teachers at my school who only arrive 5 mins before they start!