1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What support should I expect?

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by Imsdal, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Don't want to go into too many details as I'm worried about this getting back to HT but I felt today that I was not given the right support when dealing with severe disruption in the classroom. She came twice but didn't speak to the pupils concerned. Nor did she follow up with asking how things had gone/ why they'd gone wrong at the end of the day. What happens when you report children to HT? What should happen?

2. Don't want to go into too many details as I'm worried about this getting back to HT but I felt today that I was not given the right support when dealing with severe disruption in the classroom. She came twice but didn't speak to the pupils concerned. Nor did she follow up with asking how things had gone/ why they'd gone wrong at the end of the day. What happens when you report children to HT? What should happen?

3. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Sounds as if you work at my school!

4. Check your school's behaviour policy and this should give guidelines as to when the HT will intervene and what the follow up should be. I say should because with some schools you never know.

5. Not enough detail for a proper answer. Talk to your HT so that you can develop a strategy for future bad behaviour and that should clarify expectations on both sides.

6. Thanks for the replies -sorry didn't give much detail; my original post was v. detailed but then I worried about it being spotted. The normal teacher of the class said that in future when asking for help I should specify what help I want e.g. "please remove x from the class as they are disrupting the lesson" rather than just "x is disrupting the lesson". I think re-reading through the behaviour policy's a good idea too.

7. sbf

sbf

I take it this is the primary sector.