1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What software to use for creating their visual text for their own short story with flashbacks?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Dejana, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Hi
    We're starting with the Piano next term.
    It depends on what you want to do (and on what you are able to do). Previously, I have used DigiBlue Cameras with my class, and they have filmed themselves, telling the story and acting it out. However, I don't like those cameras very much and it was a huge hassle.
    This time, we are going to use PhotoStory for the majority of kids, and MovieMaker for the more able. You can either have them take photographs/act out and film scenes and then use those, or you use the (still) pictures that already come with the Piano. PhotoStory is certainly easier to use and more intuitive. They can then record themselves telling the story and add this to their images. (We've just completed a whole unit on PowerPoint, which is why I won't use it again for this piece of work.)
    Hope that helps.