1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

what size PC monitor are you using?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by perky_panda, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Hi, just brought a new computer - have a small 15" flat monitor at the moment but just tried for size a 20" widescreen one - bit too big on my desk but think a 19" would be good. Just wondered what size you had - should I get a new one to go with computer? Widescreen?

2. Hi, just brought a new computer - have a small 15" flat monitor at the moment but just tried for size a 20" widescreen one - bit too big on my desk but think a 19" would be good. Just wondered what size you had - should I get a new one to go with computer? Widescreen?

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I'm on a netbook - the screen is tiny.

4. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

36" if using the TV as my monitor (for films and sport)
    normal lappy 16" at other times.

5. Currently - 13" on my MacBook Air (I'm away from home) and 24" iMac at home. When that computer needs replacing, I need a new desk to accommodate the 27" version. (However, I secretly hope Apple will release a 30" iMac!) The more screen space the better - you can see more things at once.

6. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I have two, a 21" widescreen and a 19" normal, might replace the 19" with another 21" wide as it's getting a bit temperamental.

7. Is widescreen any better? Wish you could get slightly smaller, the 20" ones are bigger than the tv in my room, looks a tad odd

8. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

19 inch but i did not want to boast.im glad others have big ones lol
    I actuaslly dont like the widescreen ones......but i wols love a bigger screen for when i watch tv onoline...yes i know im boring....but i multitask to stop myself getting bored...

9. Mangleworzle

Widescreen is good for multiple windows especially if you have different programmes running that you're using at the same time. The best thing is to have two monitors though, each doing a different dedicated job, I was planning on getting a 24" widescreen some time ago but was persuaded to go for two monitors instead by people who had that set up and I'm very pleased I did. 21" wide is about as big as I need when I'm sat close enough to read what's on the screen.
    I often use the 21" wide as a tv for watching things on iplayer.

10. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

i can see the point of 2 screens......but i dont have the space on the desk.
    You become a bit like david bowie in the film.'the man who fell to earth'

11. I'm on a netbook - screen is about 10".
    It's small but perfectly formed and nobody wants to borrow it [​IMG]

12. 23" touch screen. It is fab.

13. Looked at the touch ones but not keen, wouldn't work on my desk.

14. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

Office - Currently 21" 3x4 aspect in landscape and a 19" widescreen portrait mode, shared desktop, the 19 works well for taller pages. Two monitors works for me at a desk.
    Plain 19" in the living room.

15. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious New commenter

36" HDTV for my desktop, but my usual method of browsing on my laptop is 15.6"...with the world's weirdest resolution of 1366 x 768.

16. Mangleworzle

Being very fastidious about marks on the screen this would drive me round the bend with all those greasy finger prints.

17. Size isn't everything.

18. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

it might not be but
    I am not missing the 9" black and white built into my first mac.

19. True I use my ipad a lot too and that is quite small.

20. impis

impis New commenter

19" here too.
    It seems ludicrously large when i'm sitting not more than 2 foot away. Still, Mr Impis bought it for me, and we all know that men seem to think there's no such thing as a screen that's too big.