1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What size am I?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by southlondonteacher, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Has anyone seen this website?
    http://sizes.darkgreener.com/
    You enter your bust, waist and hip measurements and it tells you which shop and which size would be the perfect fit for you as all shops have such different sizes. Very interesting (and slightly depressing!)

2. My daughter is size 9 and used to hate it too but she now has some lovely shoes as most of the shops stock size 9 now. Good luck.
    The site claims I am size 10/12. I think I am a good size 12 but I have lost weight recently so I will try on size 10 today and have a laugh!

3. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Well I vary from 12 to 24, so that's helpful!
    I've never seen most of those shops - but in M&S I wear a 16 and it suggests a 20 or 22, so I'm not convinced it's particularly useful!

4. I think if you are comfortable in size 16 then that is your true size. There is no way I am size 10 !

5. Agree with others - that website gives sizes that are too large, it says I am 1 or 2 sizes larger than I actually am. Shame, could have been really useful.

6. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

It defnitely didn't for me - no way am I a size 8!

7. gam26

gam26 New commenter

Ooohhh....If I lost an inch of my waist I'd be a size six...like that's ever going to happen :(

8. SarahWesson

SarahWesson New commenter

Most of mine offered an 8 (or 6)
    For me it's like christmas come early if I can fit into an 8, although a confidence boost i don't think this website speaks the truth :)

9. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

I'm a 10 in most places - apart from white stuff where I'm usually an 8. It seems to be measuring on the large side as it says I should be a 12 in most places. I have some size 12 clothes but most size 12 things bury me. I don't think this is accurate at all. Shame as it could've been useful. It really bugs me that sizes aren't standard in all shops. I like to shop online and it makes life difficult!