1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What should we do before September?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by petercide, Feb 16, 2012.

1. I have been accepted for a PGCE in Secondary English at Sussex to start in September. My interview feedback advised me to read up on modern poetry and obtain a voluntary placement for exposure.
    In addition to this, I am using the TES resources to compile and analyse existing lesson plans, so I am not having to start anything from scratch.
    Has anyone got any other recommendations of what would be useful so we are better prepared for the start of our courses?

2. Hey,
    Firstly, congratulations on your offer :)
    There has been a useful thread on the "Student teacher" forums I've been following:

https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/554804.aspx?PageIndex=1#7290573
    Also, ask any concerns about the course and its content on the student teachers forums now rather than this one - you'll get ideas from people who have been there, done that and got the t-shirt, so to speak! I know that's what I'll be doing now I've got my offer!