1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What should I put re job history?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by PETERPIPER, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Hello,
    I'm not sure where to post this but I have been teaching for 10 years or so and I am about to apply for a non-teaching job with a charity. It is educational, but no contact with children. Have a full, clean CRB record and also a 'clean' employment history. The problem is that after leaving uni, I spent two years doing all kinds of media jobs - temp work, freelancing, internships- as I was trying to get into journalism. Lots of these companies don't exist as they went bust with the dot.com crash, one employer has moved premises, and overall I did stints of anything between one day and nine months. I can barely rememember all the dates or what I was paid. Would it be bad to just put the longer jobs down and extend their duration so there are no gaps of a week or two here & there? Or is that totally unethical? Part of me thinks that since ten years have passed and I have my teaching refs it won't ammter, but I want to know what other people think.
    Cheers! PP.

2. If you've been in the media - you'll know how to lie and get away with it. On you go. And you think that I'm unethical?

3. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

If you had only stayed another day they would have made you Director General!