1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What should I pack for my honeymoon?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by egyptgirl, Mar 26, 2011.

1. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

I'm getting married 2 weeks today so I'm starting to think about what I should pack for my honeymoon. We're only going away for a week but I don't know where we're going (he won't tell me ANYTHING) so what should I pack?

2. Honey Loop

Honey Loop New commenter

Your favourite perfume and a suggestive smile.

3. I had a similar dilemma when I went on my honeymoon. We only ended up in the Cotswolds but I didn't even know if we would be in this country (he'd told me to take my passport).
    Anyway, I'd pack the basics (obviously) and if you don't have the right sort of clothing then your new husband will have to take you shopping to get the right clothes (and shoes!).

4. inky

inky Lead commenter

Actually I think he should give you some idea of the climate at your destination. That's only fair.

5. inky

inky Lead commenter

Otherwise you might pack a load of unnecessary cold weather stuff.

6. egyptgirl

I know, I know...but when I ask him he just winks at me and gives me a kiss on the cheek.
    I like both Honey Loop and poeme's suggestions though...

7. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

• Tootbrush (even as newlyweds,you really don't want to share)
    • Hiking boots
    • Swimming cozzie
    • Book of erotic verse
    • PE knickers

8. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

toothbrush, not tootbrush
    My imagination is skipping with joy at picturing tootbrushes

9. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

[​IMG]
    You were right first time, best to look spick and span at all times.

10. RKM

RKM

Just ask him if where u are going is hot or cold.

11. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Russell Brand and a set of jump leads in case hubby overdoes the beer in the evening? ;-)

12. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Personally I'd be reading up on post coital sarcastic comments in advance/ I hate mysteries, unless I know there's a good chance I can solve them.
    I would pack tissues, sun screen, a bikini, a good book, a spare lanyard, hand wipes, small gun.
    But then I just don't like surprises, or surprising men.

13. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

An e-cig you can share as you discuss how the evening went for both of you?
    I'm reminded of the occasion Hymie Goldblum received a letter from the Inland Revenue asking him to visit their offices to discuss his tax return.
    He dressed in jeans and a tee shirt and was on his way to their offices when he met his friend Maurice.
    "Hymie!" said Maurice, "What's with the jeans and tee shirt? This is not like you to be out in the street dressed so shabbily..."
    "Vel," said Hymie, "I have this letter from the Inland Revenue... They vant to talk to me about my tax return."
    "Are you mad?" asked Maurice. "You need to put on your finest suit. Be proud! Show them your a man of power, not to be confronted by their petty questions and control the discussion."
    So Hymie returned home and changed into his finest suit.
    As he left his house, his friend Abe walked by.
    "Hymie!" said Abe, "So nice to see you, and you are dressed so smartly! What is this celebration you are attending I don't know about?"
    "Vel, I have an appointment vith the Inland Revenue to discuss my tax return..."
    "Are you insane Hymie?" asked Abe, "If you go dressed in this finery they will think you have money they never got. You only ever visit the Inland Revenue dressed like a tramp."
    So Hymie pondered over the differing advice his friends had given. Each, it seemed, had their own virtue. He couldn't make up his mind which was the best. He decided to consult the Rabbi.
    After listening to Hymie's plight and thinking for a moment, the Rabbi said "I think the best advice I can give you is the same advice I gave my daughter when she asked me what she should wear to bed on her wedding night. She asked if she should wear a white gown and be virginal or whether she should wear something very racy to excite her husband. The advice I gave her was it doesn't really matter that much what you wear. You're going to be screwed anyway."

14. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Why don't you tell your husband to pack for you?
    I think surprises like this are daft. It would be far more fun if you knew what to pack.

15. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

Worst case is Vegas,
    so credit card and airline booking numbers

16. egyptgirl

We already have a joint account so I see it as "our" money, really.
    In terms of keeping the destination a secret, I thought everybody did that!

17. catmother

catmother Star commenter

No.

18. henriette

henriette New commenter

My o/h did that: I hoped we were going to Portugal (dreamed of Bali but knew it wouldn't happen!) and ended up in the incredibly beautiful Yugoslavia (yes - that dates me!!)

19. egyptgirl

I had this feeling that he'd booked for us to go to Libya because I said I hadn't been there since I was small and wanted to show him the country.
    He did say to me that he hadn't booked Libya but it had crossed his mind.

20. I usually make the decision on where to go for our holidays and OH is happy for me to do this. Two years ago I didn't tell him where we were going (we went for Christmas) just that he needed to pack for cold weather.