1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What should I expect when starting my new job as a Teaching Assistant in the Early Years?

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by youngsam85, May 17, 2012.

1. Hello Everyone.

I am due to begin a new role as a level 1 Teaching Assistant in the Early Years including Nursery next term.
    I have up until now been working with Year 4 boys at a different school on a one-to-one basis, assisting them with their Literacy. I have no formal NVQ Teaching Assistant qualifications, just my experience working as a Reading Helper in the above role which I have found to be extremely enjoyable and rewarding, as well as a Core Foundation in Teaching Course and a TEFL qualification.

I am very much looking forward to beginning my new role but I just wondered if any of you have any guidance on what I can expect with working in the Early Years part of a school as this is completely new to me. I want to be as prepared as possible when I start the role so any advice on the kind of things I will be expected to do and any other useful information would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks

Samantha

2. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Sore feet and total exhaustion[​IMG]