1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What should i do about this situation?

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by ShaneJ, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Hey, I saw this student messing around with a condom at lunch today and asked him were he had got it from. He said i have them in my bad so i took his bag off him to look for them to take them off him. When i was looking in his bag i found a pair of speedos with a hole cut out of them and lots of condoms. I found this very strange and confiscated them till the end of the week but i have a feeling that something is not right. Do you think i should follow this up? He is in year 11

2. Personally I feel you should chase this up (I know he's year 11 and may be 16, but he shouldn't really have a need for that stuff in school!) Maybe just a mention to his personal tutor or head of year, then if anything happens untoward you'll be covered.

On another note, you probably shouldn't have gone in his bag. There's issues there with seeking permission, invasion of privacy, needing another member of staff to be with you whilst you search pupils property, danger to you if there was anything sharp in the bag etc. (Although different places probably have different rules on this, so might be worth checking.)

3. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Oh wakey wakey, Shiny.

Look at the date ShaneJ joined.

Wind-up post if ever I saw one.

4. So we shouldn't reply to anyone who just happens to of joined the same day as their post?

If it's a wind up then oh well, and if not then the OP has received some sensible advice. It's no skin off my nose.

5. Unbelievable nomad!! Would hate to work with you. Top post Shiny.

6. nomad

nomad Star commenter

You are clearly unaware of ShaneJ's other offerings and wind-ups, under a variety of names, on Personal and Opinion.

7. With risqué posts such as this I always look at the joining date...definitely a wind up.