1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What role could/should Peer Coaching play in Digital Transformations in Schools?

Discussion in 'Cymru - education news' started by Mered, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Hey Alessio,
    Sorry I missed the night that you hosted!
    I have found that coaching from outside your own school is helpful. It keeps the focus on the development need, and away from any peformance related judgement. The growing links between teachers through forums like this, and the #addcym commmunity on TES, makes that support quite easy to come by.
    I feel there is less and less of a role for LEA advisors, or 'experts'. Through open conversations about innovation and development in the often intimidating field of technology in education, teachers are best placed to offer coaching to one another. After all, we all have our strengths, and we all have something to offer.
    Have had training on the GROW model. There are others. Think good communication skills does the job.
    So, you did me, when do I get to do you (so to speak! )

2. alessio

alessio Administrator

Thanks for this thoughtful comment Carys! I agree that communication skills are key for effective Coaching! And you are right in saying that PLNs, virtual and face to face, can be a great asset for teachers.
    Alessio.