1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

what questions do You ask at interview?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by tweetypi88, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Just interested to know what you ask the interview panel at the end of an interview when they ask if you have any questions? I never seem to have anything to ask when they ask me that and I feel as though I should have a question or two?

2. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Nothing at all - unless it concerns something that makes a difference as to whether or not you accept the job. Panels are not impressed by people asking questions forthe sake of it, do not 'expect' candidatesto ask anything and are very happy with the response 'No, thank you. I had all my questions answered by the information you sent me andduring my tour ofthe school.'
    Honestly - I've had candidates put me right off them by asking daft questions.

3. Thanks middlemarch- you've been most helpful! I always thought they expected you to ask something- thanks!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

No, please don't! We just want to conclude the interview and get on to the next person, not listen to you trying to impress us with your questions. [​IMG]
    Questions to impress usually have the opposite effect . . .
    Now let me remind you of our general advice.
    Firstly go to the Welcome thread here on the JobSeekers Forum, and read the general advice in the two Interview clickables.
    And then read this about doing an observed lesson.
    Do read this thread too, about Child Protection at interviews.
    And the thread with the famous Middlemarch mind mapping in it.
    These should give you the basic tips and advice for really showcasing all your skills in that interview.
    Best wishes for SUCCESS in the next interview - we look forward to you starting a new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job!

5. And unless it's in direct response to something which came up during the interview just shows that you could probably have done your homework better...

6. thanks guys!

7. catbefriender

catbefriender Lead commenter

Illuminate us Theo and Middlemarch, what is offically a 'daft question?' Or better still what has been your 'daftest question of all time?' Also details as to the post, I mean you are not going to get daft questions from senior teachers too, are you?
    PS Middlemarch, I've gone MindMapping mad and bought the original Buzan book 'The Mind Map Book ' and lots of A3 paper and coloured felt tip pens and it really works. Would never have explored doing it, if not for your input. Thanks

8. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

We've actually described these on a previous thread about this - Theo can probably find it. One of mine was from a deputy headship candidate...