1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What question would you ask?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by musiclover1, Jan 31, 2012.

1. musiclover1

musiclover1 New commenter

What is your approach to behaviour management?

2. whapbapboogy

whapbapboogy New commenter

If you run a search, you will find lots of suggestions- this question has been asked many times. Good luck! :0)

3. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

I wrote them down three years ago after my interview: https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/304286.aspx?PageIndex=2
    On top of that, I remember being asked what the immediate areas for action are for the department (really tricky - read ofsted report carefully and pick up on what you can from the observation lesson). These days they'll probably add something about the ebac, and therefore how would you support students who have been forced to do languages but are very weak, what is your experience and opinion of Controlled assessments, how would you encourage students to continue at A-level despite the fact langs at A-level suffer from severe grading, how would you track student progress in your department (I like termly assessment with results input on a central spreadsheet), how would you tackle underachievers thus identified, and if applying in indy what extra-curricular activities can you bring to the school.
    I thought you were already a HOD? I'm sure you'll do brilliantly!

4. LOL noemie! I did apply for the post 3 years ago, and now I'm applying again! (Bit of a long story).
    Thanks for all the ideas, folks. Plenty to think about!
    PJ

5. Ask yourself why you would want the crazy job HOD is??!

6. musiclover1

Any luck yet - how did it go?

7. No - didn't get it. :(

8. musiclover1

Sorry to hear that. Was it at your own school? Did they give you feedback?