1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What price fuel in your area? Another price hike in the offing?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by albertdog, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Although I no longer drive, I live only just down the road from a Tesco Metro, which sells petrol, and I can see the illuminated sign from my window. Nearly every day, for the last weeks or so, the petrol price has gone up by one or two pennies. A fortnight ago, it was 131.9, while today its is 140.9. I am in NW London, so I wondered what it was like for others?

2. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

South Wales. In 3 of our local stations it is currently £1.36.9. All were £1.34.2 on Friday. You may be right :-(

3. Tigger1962

Tigger1962 New commenter

I live in Sweden and petrol was up to 1.44 at current exchange rates (15.28sek)

4. Tigger1962

Tigger1962 New commenter

£1.44 her in Sweden

5. Tigger1962

Tigger1962 New commenter

oops sorry - got an error message

6. 134.9 in Bristol

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Diesel - 141.9 to 147.9 in North Yorkshire

8. Anywhere between about £1.34 and £1.43 here - first is Tesco, second is the ridiculously overpriced Texaco garage you only go to if the car's running on fumes and about to splutter its last.

9. Don't worry Durc09, I am sure prices will suddenly jump up during the Easter holidays the weekend everybody travels home from their holidays :) £1.40 for a litre of diesel at my local Sainsbury's and £1.38 at Asda.

10. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

It's just hit £1.40.9 at my local BP and Texaco. I try to fill up when I'm at my boyfriend's - it's still only £1.36.9 where he lives. Still cost just over £61 to fill up my little 1.1l Peugeot tonight. Tank wasn't even empty.