1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What present should I ask for?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by JennyMus, May 25, 2011.

1. i vote for the camera - although I love my ipad!

2. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

I do have a laptop but I generally use it at home in one place. What are the benefits of an iPad? (I'm not up on Mac products, really!)

3. I love my iPad too

I use it for a games mainly, also for reading books and newspapers

I use it for laptop in bed

4. A rampant rabbit?

cyolba, tone lowering expert :)

5. You are paying too much for your sex toys, love ... I could get a dozen rabbits for the price of an iPad

6. It leaves change for the lube and the digital video camera.

cyolba, creating mental pictures others don't want or need :)

7. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Camera! Although the compact zoom cameras are very good if you need something more portable than an SLR. I love my Panasonic Lumix TZ6 x

8. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

Probably up to £1000. I should have explained a little more that the second-hand car option would have to be added to by me somewhat, depending on what car I wanted. But I'm just not sure. I mean, I don't need a digital camera, but have been wanting one for a while and thinking about doing a photography course. However, a new car would be useful.

9. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Would it? In what way?

10. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

Because I feel the one I have now is approaching its last legs, it's quite old, going to become expensive soon. So a hand buying a new (old) one would be useful.
    It's a question of something that I will need in the not-too-distant future, or something not needed but that I will get pleasure from. (And I'm not talking about a Rampant Rabbit!)

11. A holiday..somewhere you've always wanted to go?
    Memories last forever!

12. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

I hadn't thought about a holiday until someone else mentioned a weekend away... It's worth thinking about, definitely, although now I have three things to think about!

13. RJR_38

RJR_38 New commenter

I would always go for 'experience' over 'object' if that makes sense? Thats why me and partner always buy each other holidays, wkends away or days out for special occasions. Memories last forever but objects have a finite life. But then we both love travelling and I appreciate not everyone feels that way.

14. B.Day money aside, when car gives up the ghost you'll have to deal with it. You would always have had to deal with it.
    This is a pressie, get something special that you want not need.