1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

What post-graduate/professional SEN qualifications exist for teachers?

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by fishyfarang, Apr 15, 2010.

  1. Hi there,

    I am a qualified secondary Cit teacher at the end of my second year of teaching and have just taken on the role of teaching the year 7 nurture group full time from after Easter (leaving Cit behind). My long-term plans are to go into SEN teaching (not behavioural) and I have been looking at what is available out there in terms of posts. Some adverts for SEN teaching posts ask for SEN qualifications however after researching this I can't seem to find any specific post-grad/professional courses related to SEN. Could someone with knowledge of this area please point me in the right direction?

    Many thanks.
  2. wow - some very fruitful links to a whole world of online learning I had no idea existed!

    Thank you Poppy - I will enquire about several of the courses listed.

  3. look at Open University- excellent courses up to Masters level

Share This Page