1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What planners/diaries/organisers are you all using?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by ctinblue7, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Hello all current trainee/student teachers,
    Have just got a place on a PGCE course and wanted to know what planner/diary/organiser you use to keep you organised? Currently in my final year undergrad and am using Cottrell's Palgrave Student Planner. This is pretty much rammed on a daily basis with little space left. Having been told by the university for the PGCE course that my days are likely to be 9-5 I know that this will no longer be suitable for me. I write all appointments, daily schedule, 'homework' tasks I will need to do before next lecture, sporting activities, and social life activites as well as reminders and to do lists. Only thing I think will do the job is a Filofax but these are quite pricey and am living on a budget! I don't think I will need the 'Teachers Planner' as, well, I'm not teaching full time!

What are you all using?

2. jaimexuk

jaimexuk New commenter

Post-its...the large ones, everywhere!

3. I use a standard academic diary and a Pirongs teacher's planner (with copious post-its) for placements

4. lucie19

lucie19 New commenter

I mostly use the diary the NUT gave me when we enrolled

5. jaimexuk - Post it's are the next best thing to sliced bread [​IMG] Simply could not live without them!

6. A big fat day-view from Smiths.

7. I use the NASUWT A5 planner that I was given on the induction week at Uni. All I really needed.

8. I think I'm probably going to have to save up and buy an A5 Filofax and then tailor it to how I want it. [​IMG]

9. For my birthday my mum bought me a Dodo Acad pad.
    It is the best diary I have ever owned and would be lost without it. It has a week per page with columns to customise as well an empty page for all those to do lists etc. It is packed with silly quotes, puzzles and facts that makes opening it each time a treat. I love it and would definitely recommend it for all students and student teachers as it has plenty of room for all those little notes and tasks.

10. mpc

mpc

11. http://www.edplanbooks.com/the-teachers-planner-c12.html in A4 form. Page a day, termly planning, class lists...all in a neat spiral bound package. Use post its for any 'to do' lists and job sorted

12. Google Tasks- http://mail.google.com/mail/help/tasks/ and also Google Calendar.
    I've set it up to send me a text message every day with reminders of what I have to do, and a reminder half an hour before any event.

On placements, I'll have it send me a reminder before I leave for things like "Bring Literacy books back" so I don't forget to pack them.