1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What paperwork would you advise having ready and to hand for the year ahead?!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by louise88x, Jun 19, 2015.

1. I have been accepted on a FS/KS1 schools direct course. What paperwork should I have available and ready to look at in my folder? So far I have ....

Teaching Standards

Early Learning Goals

Characteristics of effective learning

Development matters

Curriculum year 1 - 3 in the front and 4-6 in the back (not sure if will need those last ones)

Ofsted key indicators for grading

Outstanding lesson check list

WALT/WILF/WALF/TIB definitions

Autumn term events calendar

Info on supporting EAL children

Info on supporting fine motor skills

Info on supporting thinking skills

Info on behavioural difficulties

Info on Autism / Aspergers

Info on ADHD

Info on Dyslexia / Dyscalculia

Info on Dyspraxia

Info on Dysgraphia

Info on Oppositional Defiant Disorder

Scholastic national curriculum in full highlighted and annotated

Ordered letters and sounds training manual

I'm personally interested in SEN hence the info and have applied for 4 years and only just got on so want to make sure that I do well :)

Anything I have missed off?

2. mariet4

mariet4 New commenter

Wow! Where did you find all of these resources?

3. DYNAMO67

DYNAMO67 Lead commenter

Just slow down. A lot of this is now irrelevant anyway. OFSTED indicators et al. No mentor or assessor is going to care whether you can print off a multitude of information on SEN (what is again a grey area nowadays anyway) it is how you respond to it in practice.

Walt/Wilf definitions- Again OFSTED (correctly for once) are getting away from all the prescribed ways of doing things. These are not really relevant.

4. Most of the information you need is usually in schools anyway - don't waste money printing everything yourself!

It's better to just read through things, get yourself as familiar with them as you possibly can and get some sleep - you won't get any when you start teaching!

Good luck! Xx

5. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

I agree that you don't really need a whole folder of paperwork printed off. Storing it all in a digital folder, on the other hand, would be useful. And read it, too, over the summer.

6. Hi Louise,

I love how organised you are :). Ive also been accepted onto a salaried SD place starting this september for FS/KS1 in Bradford. We havent been given much info about the practicalities of the course but my HT and teacher I'll be working with have just suggested reading Development Matters, Evaluation schedule for inspections of early years provision, Are you Ready? Good Practice in school readiness, creating an outdoor learning environment for early years. Would love to get in touch - the more people I know going through the same will be useful. Lynn