1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What paperwork can't you live without - trainee teacher on an early years schools direct in September!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by louise88x, Jun 19, 2015.

1. I have finally been accepted on a FS/KS1 schools direct course (applied for 4 years to do my teacher training!). What paperwork should I have available and ready to look at in my folder? So far I have ....

Teaching Standards

Early Learning Goals

Characteristics of effective learning

Development matters

Curriculum year 1 - 3 in the front and 4-6 in the back (not sure if will need those last ones)

Ofsted key indicators for grading

Outstanding lesson check list

WALT/WILF/WALF/TIB definitions

Autumn term events calendar

Info on supporting EAL children

Info on supporting fine motor skills

Info on supporting thinking skills

Info on behavioural difficulties

Info on Autism / Aspergers

Info on ADHD

Info on Dyslexia / Dyscalculia

Info on Dyspraxia

Info on Dysgraphia

Info on Oppositional Defiant Disorder

Scholastic national curriculum in full highlighted and annotated

Ordered letters and sounds training manual

I'm personally interested in SEN hence the info and have applied for 4 years and only just got on so want to make sure that I do well :)

Anything I have missed off?

2. Msz

Msz Established commenter

There are a few in there I'd personally bin

3. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

Development Matters includes the characteristics of effective learning and the early learning goals. So you don't need those separately.

If your focus is on FS and KS1, I don't think you need the KS2 curriculum - you're unlikely to look at it, although I suppose there's no harm in having the Year 3 stuff there to look at to see progression.

I did an Early Years PGCE (FS and KS1) and the only paperwork I really looked at during the course was Development Matters and Letters & Sounds.

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

docs in italics I would put in a separate file if this is something you are really interested

docs that are underlined I would file in the bin as unnecessary