1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What other hobbies do you foodies have?

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by anon3372, May 6, 2011.

1. I often ponder this. I know Beth likes embroidery and a few like gardening and Pobs is obsessed with cookery books ([​IMG]) but I am wondering about the rest of you, as I am a nosey moo.
    I like reading - crime novels and historical novels and non-fiction.
    I like watching - crime series and documentaries (and a bit of trash).
    I like knitting, cross-stitching and painting.
    I like sport, although my bones won't do as much as I want them to.
    I don't have a garden but I "garden" on my balcony.
    I am addicted to crosswords.
    I like reading dictionaries.

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Shopping
    Gardening
    Riding (I've got 3 dobbins at the bottom of my garden!)
    Travelling
    Shoes!!!!!

3. riding is on my summer holiday to do list Belle - enough lessons so I can go out for a hack

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

You'll just love it! I've been doing it for 47 years so I figure I'm ok in the saddle! Have fun [​IMG]

5. catherinaaa

catherinaaa New commenter

Another vote for shopping if that counts as a hobby!
    I also have recently started painting and am getting really into that. Other hobbies are cycling (nothing scary, just to enjoy going through the park and by the river especially on a lovely day) and I'm starting to enjoy Yoga too.
    Reading, Make up (!), Cinema and Travelling also feature higly in no particular order.

6. I go through phases of trying different hobbies and inevitably some get left by the wayside but these are the ones I will consitently do for as long as I am able!
    mountaineering and scrambling (in particular lake district, the dales, wales)
    playing guitar (acoustic, electric and bass)
    watching football (preferably from a bar stool!)
    wine tasting
    cooking (not very well!)
    going to gigs (all different kinds of music....all live music is excellent in my opinion)
    horse racing (as in going to race meets and attempting to pick the winners!)
    various attempts at trying to keep fit (currently swimming and pilates)
    learning as much as possible about astronomy

I think that's it for now!

7. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Allotment gardening, sewing patchwork quilts, crochet, dog walking, silly facebook games, scrabble and league poker.

8. My hobbies are a bit of a varied mix
    Sports - Tae Kwon Do, cycling, hill walking, very poor attempts at running, (used to do kayaking too).
    Scouts - camping, voluntary maintenace work, climbing, abseiling, air rifle instructor.
    Craft - card making, camp fire blankets, cross stitch.
    Reading - Sci-fi, crime, kids books, school stories and almost anything else although I don't get on with romance.
    Oh....and a bit of cooking and baking.

9. A bit?
    Abseiling and card making. Air rifle and cross stitch. I call that very varied [​IMG]
    I have just been on a few days of seminar and we had that usually yucky "introduce yourself and speak of your hobbies".
    Everyone said the obvious - reading, sport (ha ha, nobody defined further), listening to music, until half way round the group, this HUGE bear of a bloke (honestly about 6 foot 6 tall and 6 foot 6 wide) said "I like Latin American dancing". He was THE star of the session, especially when he stood up and demonstrated the paso doble and made some of us get up and dance with him! He was really good! Certainly an ice breaker, we were all per du after that.
    Not one single person mentioned cooking apart from me. Pah!