1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What on earth do they put into hot X buns?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Spanakopita, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Spanakopita

Spanakopita New commenter

A friend came round for tea today and we each partook of a Sainsbury's hot cross bun. Gawd, I've got terrible indigestion. That's it for this year. And I can't find the Rennies. I saw Heston Bloomindaft on telly the other day going on about his buns made with Earl Grey tea and manadarins. I wonder if they'd be any better. I suppose it's my fault for not waiting till Good Friday. Maybe it's a ploy of Sainsbury's to make us feel some of Jesus' agony! Anyone else suffered yet?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

A friend came round for tea today and we each partook of a Sainsbury's hot cross bun. Gawd, I've got terrible indigestion. That's it for this year. And I can't find the Rennies. I saw Heston Bloomindaft on telly the other day going on about his buns made with Earl Grey tea and manadarins. I wonder if they'd be any better. I suppose it's my fault for not waiting till Good Friday. Maybe it's a ploy of Sainsbury's to make us feel some of Jesus' agony! Anyone else suffered yet?

3. They are gorgeous

4. Maybe you're wheat intolerant?

5. Meanwhile, I've eaten all the easter chocolate products our elderly neighbour gave me for the two year old.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

No. I'm not. It's some particular ingredient of the hot x bun.

7. Hmm. Citrus peel?? I don't think it's digestable.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

By rights then, you are the one who should be suffering!

9. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

Did you remember to pay VAT as they are called "hot" ?

10. :-D

Nutella, it was only baby stuff - tiny wee rabbits etc. Inhaled in a flash while the child played innocently in the garden... what she doesn't know will never harm her...

11. At ours some rather fearsome looking hoodies from the Level 1 learning department came round flogging bags of "Homemade" Hot X buns 4 for a £ which I succumbed to to show willing. They were fantastic with heaps of dried fruit!

12. I can't tolerate dried fruit. yeuch, and ouch

13. CK, you did it to protect her tiny teeth, of course ;)

14. um... yes!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

You make them sound as if they were made of cocaine or crystal meth! It's the first time I've heard of inhaling choccie rabbits!

16. Have you never heard that used as a metaphor for eating something really quickly, Nutella? Maybe it's just me, hah. :)

17. Thankfully hot cross buns don't affect me in that way, but mince pies often do. Were you wearing a tight waist band? I get heart burn if I eat too much while wearing anything restrictive round my tummy.

18. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

The Easter Bunny is going to eat you in your sleep...

19. 'T'is all I deserve.

20. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

It'll be the X's, they can cause havoc in the stomach.