1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What, no new playmates tonight then?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

What's happened? Did someone upset them?

aspensquiver likes this.
  2. Spiritwalkerness

Spiritwalkerness Star commenter

My suspicion is they appear late on a Friday afternoon, push buttons until Sunday eve then disappear until the following weekend (or holiday) i.e. when the Mods aren't about.

aspensquiver likes this.
  3. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Corrupted spreadsheet - name, password, viewpoint, who to give likes to etc columns are all up the spout.

It has always been bad over bank holidays when the mods aren't around. The longer it goes on, the more you have to feel sorry for the social inadequates who resort to such tactics to while away the time. Thankfully we now have an ignore button. Funny how those on the ignore list don't last very long before you never see them again.

GLsghost likes this.
  4. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

:p

5. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

There was a less troublesome 'batch' who kept appearing on The Welcome Lounge, and Workplace Dilemmas, a while ago.

Faux (or real?) naivity was their thing, and I think one of them posted today.

But imo they were more amusing than troublesome, because they could never keep their stories straight!

6. Duke of York

What do you reckon happens to all the likes the trolls award themselves after they get banned? Do the mods share them out among themselves or does TES employ auditors to prevent this?

Is there a possibility they will be put in a pot, so they can be stored up for a Christmas raffle?

7. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

I think you might've posted too early, DoY!

Just noticed newest member: Horatio-Blows (with a hyphen!)

sabrinakat likes this.
  8. Duke of York

I expect he can be held in check with a pack of Fisherman's Friends for the time being.

9. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

I've been good, too! Not letting the 'others' bother me, and have been posting mainly pictures instead of lengthy, reasoned arguments - kitten is off to teach!

aspensquiver_2 and GLsghost like this.
  10. Mangleworzle

They go to the list of TES "Good causes" to get traded in, a small ill child gets a trampoline or suchlike.

aspensquiver_2 and GLsghost like this.
  11. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

Hitting 'Ignore' is the best way of thwarting these menaces. Like a Tamagotchi, if you don't feed them, they soon disappear!

ilovesooty and Mangleworzle like this.
  12. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Gosh. They are a blast from the past! Do they still exist?

13. GLsghost

GLsghost Star commenter

No! No-one fed them and they all died! :D

Lascarina likes this.
  14. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

I have a very extensive 'ignore' list and hardly any of them have got above 100 before disappearing. Well, I suppose they have disappeared.

Mangleworzle likes this.
  15. Mangleworzle

I've just looked at mine, clicked on the profile page of each of them and TES can't find the page, i.e. it's not there and they have been deleted.

16. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Horatio blows?

No, that's wrong. Shouldn't it be: Horatio sucks?

aspensquiver and Duke of York like this.
  17. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

No new playmates?

A dozen of 'em, some of whom posted 600+ times.

:D

Be careful what you wish for in life. And on the forums!

Best wishes

aspensquiver likes this.
  18. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

There appear to be at least a couple this morning