1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What next?

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by teacherdi, Sep 16, 2014.

1. teacherdi

teacherdi New commenter

I am an a NQT and I have a year 4 class from hell. There is one girl who is uncontrollable (by anyone including her mother it seems), about 10 others who have special needs / behavioural issues, 2 eal children neither of whom speak any English and a deaf child. Other than that it isn't too bad!

The disruptive girl is having such an effect on the other children and me - what can I do?

If I follow the behaviour policy she charges back in after 5 minutes and the cycle starts all over again.

I am already looking for another job.

2. re

re New commenter

Have you talked to anybody about these children? It sounds to me that the only way to deal with the disruptive child is increasing sanctions- don't let the cycle start all over again. She needs to know that things will get worse . That can only come from management. Don't worry as an NQT that you are asking for help - leadership should be supporting you.

Do you have a TA who could help by working with the EALs or deaf?