1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What Next Year Holds For Your MP?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Jude Fawley, May 24, 2019.

1. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

A place in Nigel Farage's cabinet?
    A place on 'Dancing On Ice'?
    Retirement?
    A consultancy with KMPG?
    Signing on and collecting jobseekers allowance?
    Carrying on regardless?
    Staying put in the party they support?
    Rising in the ranks?

2. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

More Premier League Football tickets from those betting companies he is so against. More foreign holidays paid for by foreign governments or anonymous friends.

3. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Ours is fine

4. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

Hopefully, a failed re-selection attempt...

sparkleghirl likes this.
  5. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Ours is in a solid Labour supported seat,So I assume he can carry on as normal.

6. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Senior commenter

Our constituency has one of the biggest Labour majorities in the country and an excellent MP.

I suspect that next year will be much the same for him - lots of hard work locally, supporting families and schools and people in need. I'm a bit fed up of Labour in general, but can't fault our MP.

7. hplovegame48

hplovegame48 New commenter

Going to antique fairs and doing ****** all for his constituents cos it's a 'safe' Tory seat, sadly.

8. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Ours is a cabinet minister and has been rock solid behind Theresa all theh way, so if Johnson becomes leader I'm guessing he'll lose his job. He'll keep his seat here if we have an election though - people love him. He is a pleasant chap but I wont be voting for him. I hear Change are thinking of combining with Lib Dems. That might give me pause for thought.

9. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Ours is a Tory, although I grudgingly give him my respect as a sound constituency MP. This area is so true blue I really can't see things changing anytime soon. It's a good many years that I lived anywhere where I felt my vote counted.

10. Jude Fawley

Jude Fawley Star commenter

Ours is a rabid tory of the hunting, shooting set and he champions leaving the EU. I find him repellent but I had to tactically vote for the scrote in the local elections.

As he's been consistent in his desire to honour the leave result he may just scrape by and keep his job until the Brexit Party wipe him out. Factory work after that.

But not every one of them can be on Dancing On Ice! Some will have to go into the jungle and the t v companies will have to bring back stuff like Big Brother (with counselling).

Actually, we are on the cusp of a new era in television. What with so much raw talent about we can hope to yet again see It's A Knockout.

"I'm so sorry Mrs Thornberry we don't hold that slot anymore. It's either The TV That Made Me or Celebrity Road Trip. Anna got the last place on HIGNFY and Philip is going into the jungle. But then again there is a need for someone of stature to open a sewage works in Chesterfield".

"No I'm sorry Vince. Children don't like those kinds of stories anymore".