1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What might I be able to apply for?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Kurly, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Kurly

Kurly New commenter

Hi have lurked on here for ages and even posted about my age (ancient) in the past. Have been in the same school for way too long - 20 years (I know...awful isn't it) have set up an eal dept from scratch, run literacy interventions, raised funds for the school grounds, have a TLR. Am in throes of the end of the mid-life crisis am willing to work anywhere (except Africa) have a non teaching spouse who could do tefl...is it all young guns these days??? Sounds so competitive - am I just wasting my time? Want to earn a decent wage am happy to commit to a school ....looking to get my teeth into something. Thanks for reading!

2. And when you get an offer, get back on here and sneakily identify the school/s or PM posters to check the places out. There are some nightmares out there, in all the countries mentioned.
    Best way, I reckon, is to go through an overseas agency. The best one has been pm'd to you.