1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What materials for a sublimater/heat press ???. HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by laurenjames07, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Hello!! Please help!

Our department has recently acquired a sublimation printer and heat press (and a laser cutter, but that's my next question!)

We are wondering what materials we can use on it, I know all about the textiles side of it but that's it!
    I would like to press designs onto a material that we could then cut a jigsaw type thing out of but have no idea what to use?? Where to buy it from etc.
    Does any one know where you can get polyester paint from??? how to apply it if needed?

Second question! Laser cutters - we have a shiny new one but our main concern is how and when do you cut the kids work out?? Do you have a working system that you can share with me!!!! Please!!!

Many thanks, good luck this week if you are returning back to the factory!!

2. Hello!! Please help!

Our department has recently acquired a sublimation printer and heat press (and a laser cutter, but that's my next question!)

We are wondering what materials we can use on it, I know all about the textiles side of it but that's it!
    I would like to press designs onto a material that we could then cut a jigsaw type thing out of but have no idea what to use?? Where to buy it from etc.
    Does any one know where you can get polyester paint from??? how to apply it if needed?

Second question! Laser cutters - we have a shiny new one but our main concern is how and when do you cut the kids work out?? Do you have a working system that you can share with me!!!! Please!!!

Many thanks, good luck this week if you are returning back to the factory!!

3. Contact Andrew Redfern at sublitech sublitech@googlemail.com
    Teach the students how to use the laser cutter and get them to do it during their lessons otherwise it has limited value