1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What makes your classroom learning enviroment positive?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by cys2017, Apr 20, 2018.

1. cys2017

cys2017 Occasional commenter

I'm just curious as a trainee teacher :)

Are the students happy in the lesson ...why?
    What does a positive classroom mean to you?

pepper5 likes this.
  2. exploration

exploration New commenter

I think it’s simply you that fosters that.

3. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Happiness is an emotive term- rather are the pupils engaged in the lesson what are they learning?
    Are they on track with the activities they are doing- do the activities stimulate them to learn more about the topic?

emailtgaw likes this.
  4. snitzelvonkrumm

snitzelvonkrumm Occasional commenter

Relationships, children are engaged at a level that challenges but within reach, variety, personalised where appropriate, some degree of student control or choice, children support each other, the teacher has autonomy and the trust of their SMT, laughter.

ruthwill500 likes this.
  5. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

It’s ok to make a mistake . Rewarding effort . Appreciation of ‘ soft ‘ skills .

6. hs9981

hs9981 Established commenter

What's the exact title of your essay ?

PGCE_tutor and Billie73 like this.
  7. Shedman

Shedman Star commenter

simonCOAL likes this.
  8. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

Constantly take and make notice of the correct behaviour as well as the bad bits. Never forget that young children do daft things from time to time. Remember that they want a teacher with a sense of humour but not a friend, a teacher.
    If you get it wrong admit it!

9. ATfan

ATfan Star commenter

Yes, my students are generally happy.

To me, a positive classroom is when students and I are successfully working as a team to get where they need to be and are enjoying the process (not in an all-singing all dancing way all the time but enjoying as in we use real life examples to make the subject interesting and relevant).