1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What makes you cry EVERY TIME?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by impulce, May 1, 2012.

1. Brass Bands ........
    Lots of pieces of music.......
    some photos ..........
    lots of things really .......... just a big blubber, I guess ....... sniffs

2. The bit in The Railway Children when Jenny Agutter meets her dad again. The "daddy, my daddy" gets me every time.
    How could I have forgotten that one.......Big lump in throat just thinking about it.

3. There's a poem called 'No longer can I lie by your fire'. I read it once and won't ever be able to read it again! [​IMG]

4. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

The funeral in Four Weddings and a Funeral where John Hannah reads out "Stop all the clocks".

5. vannie

vannie Star commenter

The end of 'Brassed Off' where Pete Postlethwaite is on his death bed and the band turns up to serenade him with their pit helmets on - Every time.
    The french version of 'Cyrano de Bergerac' with rhyming couplets by Anthony Burgess - never got through it with a dry eye.
    'Jean de Florette' and 'Manon des Source' - Gulp

6. footage of children starving and suffering in poor countries
    The Gospel readings on Good Friday

7. Beeches.
    Sophie's Choice.
    The Land Before Time.
    [​IMG]

8. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Any of the music from 'Lion King' as it was my late daughter's favourite film and 'The Selfish Giant' as that was the last story I read to her. I have not nor could not read the story again but the music sometimes just pops up on the radio occasionally so I have no warning.
    Not long after she died, my year 10 group was studying 'Stop all the Clocks'. I lasted until the end of the first stanza. The class were brilliant. I had to leave the room and when another member of staff arrived to cover for me, he found my most challenging student 'teaching' the group from my notes. She seemed quite at home so my colleague sat at the back of the room and did his marking!

9. Oh God......when Sophie has to make her choice.....heart rending.

10. Aarvo Paart's Spiegel in Spiegel

11. Oh dear, I am welling up reading this thread. I am too scared to click on links or google poems for fear of blubbering all night.

My dad read "If" by rudyard Kipling at my brother's funeral and changed the last line from
    "and - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!"
    to
    "and - which is more - you are a Man, my son!"
    So now when I see or hear that poem I think of my dad reading it.
    But in film, anything involving poor sick or dying animals. Sod the humans.

12. The Land Before Time was on television recently and I watched it with my 6 month old baby. I sobbed and sobbed and sobbed!

13. Run Wild, Run Free.
    When the horse got stuck in quicksand. I saw it as a child and my throat hurt so much from trying not to cry. Don't know if I could handle watching it again.

14. Oh, that makes me cry too!

Most of Babe.... not just the dancing scene

The theme from Superman sets me off every time I hear it

A Knight's Tale.... the scene when the prince saves Heath Ledger from the gallows...

15. The film 'The Mighty' (sometimes billed as 'Freak the Mighty') always leaves me sobbing.
    The scene where ET is dying... utter sobfest!
    Close Encounters - when all the disappeared folks come back and Richard Dreyfuss goes with them.
    The Remains of the Day - both the book and the film make me cry at several points throughout.

16. The book 'Born Free' had the same effect on me - when Pati died and when Elsa returned.

17. Love that. But it doesn't make me weep.

18. The scene near the end of Schindler's list where Schindler breaks dow because he realises he could have saved more people
    two songs- Jim Carroll- People who died and Amy Mcdonald's Run
    and Remember Me from Purcell's Dido and Aeneas

19. Pretty much anything involving animals. The wee blind kitten video that disguise posted a link to recently had me in bits (even though it's quite a lovely, positive piece of film).
    Certain films are strictly off limits as I know I'll end up embarrasing myself in the picture house.
    Also 'Vincent' by Don McLean:
    'But I could have told you, Vincent
    This world was never meant
    For one as beautiful as you'
    Just gets me right there, you know?

20. I hadn't thought about music yet!
    O Mio Babbino Caro.
    I Cried For You - Katie Melua