1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What makes a GOOD TEACHER?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by RobMarenghi, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Hi guys, I’m Rob. It’s great to see you all! I’ve been a teacher for 16 years at all levels, mainly in primary, and made a short youtube video on what I think makes a good teacher. I hope you find it useful
    [This comment/section/image has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]. Peace xx

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

This will be useful in what way?

Ds2d12 likes this.
  3. Waiguoren

Waiguoren Occasional commenter

Well, it's always useful to see what people think of teaching. I haven't watched the video yet (youtube is blocked where I am). But good for you, Rob!

4. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Indeed. But the OP has simply made a film clip telling us what one teacher thinks makes a good teacher. We may agree, we may not. Interesting it may or may not be. Useful, it certainly isn't.

Wotton likes this.
  5. StarTrekFan

StarTrekFan New commenter

That's a subjective assertion. It depends on how you define what is "useful", and what may not be useful to you may definitely be useful to someone else.

In this context I define it as elucidating knowledge, experience or perspectives that I may not have come across before. As a new teacher, I did find it useful so thank you Rob.

6. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

The title is certainly misleading: less than two minutes spent on the qualities of 'good' teachers, followed by a nine minute rant (your words) on the mistakes being made by supposedly 'bad' teachers.