1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What makes a Good TA?

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by rbrown1989, May 4, 2012.

1. can anyone givee me ideas on what can make me a better TA or what they think makes a good
    TA?

2. can anyone givee me ideas on what can make me a better TA or what they think makes a good
    TA?

3. what key stage and what kind of tasks are you being asked to do?

4. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

It depends on the needs of the school, but if you can make a difference to the children - in terms of their progress and their happiness - then that has to be a great thing. If you can also make the teacher's life a bit easier, support your colleagues where possible, and put a smile on people's faces - then that is also a great thing.

Know your own strengths and weaknesses. Offer to do more in your areas of strength - eg sharing with colleagues. Ask for help with your weaknesses.

5. KS2 year 5 & 6! General help with numeracy literacy! Focussing on the children that have statements it require the additional support!

6. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

If you are asking this question it's because you are either a really good TA or a really bad one.[​IMG] If you care enough to ask then I'm sure it's the former.
    You are obviously concerned so why don't you ask the teachers that you work with if there is anything they think you could do better? They know you better than anyone on here.