1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What made you want to teach?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tallulah9, Mar 12, 2012.

1. tallulah9

tallulah9 New commenter

Can anybody remember a specific moment/ incident that made you want to go into teaching/ confirmed that teaching was the career path for you?

2. tallulah9

tallulah9 New commenter

Can anybody remember a specific moment/ incident that made you want to go into teaching/ confirmed that teaching was the career path for you?

3. I walked into the careers room - saw a college that had the sea on the front of it's prospectus. i wanted to live by the sea. Applied to the college , which happened to be a teacher training college, graduated and became a teacher!
    [​IMG]

4. greta444

greta444 New commenter

when I realised how many weeks holiday teachers had. Oh how mistaken I was....

5. I was about 10 years old ... some elderly relatives visited and 'Uncle Jim' asked what I would like to be when I grew up. I replied that I would like to be a teacher. He said 'you will never be a teacher because your handwriting is so untidy'. I knew at that moment that I would achieve my goal. My handwriting is still messy, but I regularly achieve an 'outstanding' in my observations. I make sure I send them a Christmas card every year, telling them all the achievements of myself and my family - their own two sons divorced and have never amounted to anything. Revenge is sweet!!

6. The Year One teacher that I had a placement with when I was doing my NNEB in '99. It took me a while to get round to it but, 10 years later I qualified as a teacher!