1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What made you decide you wanted to teacher?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Reecedouglas1, Apr 18, 2019.

1. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I had my head turned by a modern little minx in 1966 and forsook my true love with whom I had had an intimate relationship from the age of eight. I took the modern path and that allied with my developmental problems led me astray, distracted me and caused me to perform more poorly than I should have. I eventually tried to rekindle my first love but it was much too late.

2. lrw22

lrw22 Established commenter

I can't really remember what inspired me to become a teacher but it's definitely the holidays that keep me in the profession :)

3. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

The bright lights, the sex, the drugs...

4. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

A severe case of insanity that thankfully cleared up years ago. :rolleyes:

5. BertieBassett2

BertieBassett2 Lead commenter

I wanted another year of being a student!

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  6. mothorchid

mothorchid Star commenter

What else was I going to do with my degree subjects? Open an English and History shop?

7. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

The holidays.

8. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

Narrowness of life experience. Nurse, air hostess, nun, secretary, teacher. Apart from the minimum wage holiday jobs that I could never consider doing for longer than six weeks, I just couldn't think of any others.
    Ended up teacher-training by default, certainly not passion.