1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What kind of duties would a behaviour and inclusion manager do in a primary school?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by The Red Heron, Apr 26, 2012.

1. The Red Heron

The Red Heron New commenter

Any ideas based on personal experiences or previous schools? The school has a seperate SENCO also. Many thanks.

2. Well, this is for a school with an inclusion manager but no SENCo... But she helps teachers with IEPs etc and is always in the reviews. She's the link to the other agencies, writing CAFs etc. Child protection concerns go to her and she's the one who contacts social services. Has just re-written behaviour management policy. Hands-on with behaviour - kids having paddies will be taken from class to her office. She doesn't teach, by the way. Although I think she is a qualified teacher.

3. Wotton

Wotton Established commenter

I wonder if this is a way to avoid a senco doing the training because the jobs you have said she does are what many sencos will do. So perhaps it is senco in another name so no costs for training.Just a thought.
    So OP is the school has a senco I'm not sure what the behaviour and inclusion person would do.Is it for a big school if so it may be to relieve the senco of some areas.

4. We have a behaviour and inclusion manager as well as a senco. We are in a very deprived area with quite serious behaviour issues. Our b & I deals with day to day issues, does a lot of one to one and small group work to help chn with anger issues and generally dealing with things that would otherwise take up alot of teaching time. completely different role to senco.