1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

what kind of assessment your TA be expected to undertake?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by littlemissnewbie, Jan 28, 2012.

1. hi all... just wondering what kind of pupil based assessments would you expect your TA to complete??
    any help greatly appreciated xx

2. A judgement on the child's success to meet the L.O. will be a common answer. Because our LSAs teach the whole range of abilities through guided groups, their feedback is vital in enabling me to plan next steps on a group I didn't teach.

3. greta444

greta444 New commenter

Anything that I would do. We're a team.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Same here. Feedback on how the children in her groups met the SC for that lesson.

5. Know your TA's strengths and give her assessment tasks she has the skills to do, with the support, in the form of written or verbal explanation, that she needs.

6. Agree that verbal feedback is useful for some but doesn't work for me. I prefer to have written assessment (just in the form of ticks against the L.O. is fine) on the plan so I can refer to it when planning the next session.

7. I am a TA, I make notes on the planning as to who achieved the LO etc. I also do other assessments, such as reading age tests and take notes about the progress of the pupils who are in my intervention groups. We try to have a 5 minute verbal catch up each day too.

8. Thanks all x