1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What keeps me awake at night: the education system is imploding...

Discussion in 'Education news' started by TES_Rosaline, Feb 1, 2016.

1. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

2. applecrumblebumble

applecrumblebumble Lead commenter

3. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

The Education system is becoming more like the cult series the prisoner every day. A real nightmare.

PrisonerOpeningSequenceSix.jpg
    images-26.jpg
    the-prisoner-4.jpg
    postcard.jpg

4. applecrumblebumble

applecrumblebumble Lead commenter

I know someone in SLT who take the role of one of those bouncy balls.

Compassman likes this.
  5. Compassman

Compassman Star commenter

Like No 6 they are trying to escape.

6. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

We're all doomed!

7. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

Number 6 did escape!

8. JessicaRabbit1

JessicaRabbit1 Senior commenter

I could've written this. I am 40 something and 4 years into my 2nd career as a Primary teacher. Just don't have the wife :)

And yes, I do fear very much for my own kids, the eldest of whom has just chosen his GCSE options (what does he have in front of him?) and the younger two who are both slap bang in the middle of the utter mess unfolding in our region where we are transitioning from three to two tier education. Probably better in the long run, but not something I would wish on anyone who actually has children caught up in it all.

Scary times.

9. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

At least David is on the job?

images-1.jpg

10. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Both Mrs P and I have 'lost it' as far as the regular sorts of teaching jobs go. Good fortune smiled on several financial aspects of life meaning we could sidestep things.

It's funny how there's the 'freedom to innovate' at the same time as bovine micromanagement hits the fan. George Orwell's invention of doublespeak was prescient.

11. indusant

indusant Senior commenter

Meanwhile, those who have actually caused all of this mess (and all of their minions) are sleeping soundly.........

12. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Lead commenter

Can't understand the complaint at all, though naturally I sympathise. I suppose it depends entirely on the management ethos, but the circumstances detailed in the original article could not be further from those at the school where I now teach extremely happily, as do all my colleagues. And it's a rural state secondary, mixed ability, in a lower income area, with greater than normal numbers of PP, so we have no particular advantages. Just a competent and caring head and a small, hard-working leadership team who support staff and students. And lovely kids. It's a real pleasure to go to work and I enjoy every minute of it.

13. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Lead commenter

Why did my reply not appear?