1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What is your favourite piece of clothing?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Lascarina, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

It can be anything, indoor or outdoor wear, under or over wear, old or new. Mine is my long white dressing gown. It is so snug and cosy. Though my red tap shoes come a close second. How about you?

2. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

No, no, no. You can't muddy the waters with shoes. They deserve their own thread. Stop it.

At the moment it's my fluffy orange jumper. I thought I hated jumpers. My whole life. But I turned 60 and it just changed. It's a miracle!

Motherofchikkins likes this.
  3. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Is it made of wool? I can't wear wool. It's too scratchy and makes me itch. But it sounds a jolly colour.

4. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

My favourite item is a shift dress, mid thigh and 3/4 length sleeves. It's sort of boiled wool but softer, gray with muddy turquoise big patch pockets. It's warm and comfy.

cissy3 likes this.
  5. grumpydogwoman

Ah, no. It isn't Pure synthetic fibre. I can't wear wool either. Drives me insane!

upload_2015-12-8_11-16-7.png

Lascarina likes this.
  6. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

What is boiled wool? It sounds like cabbage or sprouts!

7. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

8. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

:)
    It's what happens to wool yarn in hot temperatures and creates a lovely, hardwearing fabric. Great fun to knit and create.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  9. grumpydogwoman

Surely it's very hard. Like rope?

10. bluelemonade

bluelemonade Occasional commenter

When I knitted a jumper a couple of years ago, it shrunk to the size of an elf on the first wash (wool cycle). I binned it. It was basically felt.

Still, what I really love is my Highland mo-hair and wool rug, which my mother gave me, and which my old cat sat on in her dying days. It's orange and black like her, the cat, not my mother, and gives me great comfort. It looks as good as the day I got it. which is more than can be said for most things.

grumpydogwoman likes this.
  11. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

No, it can be quite soft but that depends on which yarn you use to knit/crochet/weave your fabric with. I have had a disaster with socks in the past where they ended up rope textured and doll sized. Still can't work out what went on there.
    My tunic is like this one but more tailored.
    http://www.johnlewis.com/toast-boil...ed0a9fd&s_kwcid=403x955732&tmad=c&tmcampid=73

cissy3 likes this.
  12. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

By the egg or the builder?

13. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

This time of year, gloves.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  14. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

That looks very comfy. Do you wear anything coloured with it?

15. grumpydogwoman

It does look good @RedQuilt
    But just looking at it makes me ITCH!!! Argh!!!

@bluelemonade Like the cat!!! LOL LOL LOLZ

16. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

I've got a turquoise silk scarf with gray squiggles that ties in with the patch pocket colour. Other than that just black tights and gray boots, I'm not a flamboyant dresser!

cissy3 and Lascarina like this.
  17. RedQuilt

RedQuilt Star commenter

18. grumpydogwoman

It definitely cries out for SOME colour. I'd have funky tights but I'd end up looking like I usually do. Mad freak. Which is not a look everyone can carry off! ;)

RedQuilt likes this.
  19. grumpydogwoman

It would be itchy on me. I have a lovely jumper that's 12% wool. Can't cope with it. Just brings me out in a rash.

20. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

My 1960s duffle coat with yellow toggles.
    And I know there's controversy surrounding the mention of shoes on here, but my black sparkly heels. They make anything look good.

Lara mfl 05 and Lascarina like this.