1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What is your downloaded v sales ratio?

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by Maths_Shed, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Maths_Shed

Maths_Shed Occasional commenter

Just having a look at my end of month figures and like many I have a mix of free and paid for resources.

925 downloads v 3 sales can anyone beat that?

2. sabyrne

sabyrne New commenter

57 v 8

3. sabyrne

sabyrne New commenter

57 v 13

4. Maths_Shed

Maths_Shed Occasional commenter

Finished on 964 v 3

5. FunkyPhonics

FunkyPhonics New commenter

914 free 228 paid

6. TRJ

TRJ New commenter

Downloads - 2,518
    Sales - 112

7. teachercellar

teachercellar Occasional commenter

Downloads 12 sales 89 views 3075!!!

8. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

Sept: 6159 views; 10124 free downloads; 182 sales. Better than last year. Shame October has started with a phizzle!

9. Littlesherbetlemon

Littlesherbetlemon Occasional commenter

Wow @mrajlong those are some impressive stats! Let's hope October starts with a phizzle but ends with a bang! ;)

hoppytimes likes this.
  10. riches1157

riches1157 New commenter

Views: 407
    Free downloads: 162
    Sales: 33 (All priced at £2)
    £29.55

11. hoppytimes

hoppytimes New commenter

Downloads: 1165
    Views: 6173
    Sales: 160
    A lot better than last September when I only made 22 sales. Onwards and upwards :D
    The only disappointing stats are my conversion rates which are down to only 2% -2.5% at the minute.

12. krisgreg30

krisgreg30 Occasional commenter

Free downloads: 44,231
    Views: 13,004
    Sales: 162

Decent September all in all with a slight improvement on sales from last year and massive improvement in downloads as I increase the range of freebies available as well.

Had a strong start to October already and hoping the sale will drive that on. Quietly confident I will once again improve on last year in terms of sales but then I do have a lot more resources available as well so would expect that to be the case.

Krazikas likes this.
  13. StartEducation

StartEducation New commenter

5523 views, 101 downloads, 192 sales in Sept. All art related sales apart from a couple of PSHE resources. Slightly up on last year.

14. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

Cor Blimey - that's an awful lot of views and downloads Kris!

joannammarsh likes this.
  15. krisgreg30

krisgreg30 Occasional commenter

I include quite a few freebies now a days and use Twitter a lot and there were a couple of occasions I linked to something in a FB teacher group when people were after something so it all spikes it up.

Krazikas likes this.
  16. humanitiesbox

humanitiesbox New commenter

I started my TES author account just under three weeks ago and have mostly uploaded paid resources, but also have some freebies as well. I have been using twitter to promote and have 112 followers from the past three weeks. As of today, I have had:

367 download
    43 purchases

Anyone have any tips or advice for me?

17. salsify

salsify New commenter

Please can someone explain to me why I have more downloads than sales? So far I have not uploaded any freebies. All my resources either come as one single file or one zip file. I don't understand how people can download without it showing in my sales figure... I am new to selling on TES. Could it be that I inadvertently agreed to promotions and this means my resources can be downloaded for free?
    Just to explain further, my sales figure has not changed since Friday night and yet my download figure has gone up...
    Thank you, :)

18. joannammarsh

joannammarsh New commenter

Views: 1110
    Downloads: 53
    Sales: 51
    Conversion: 4.57%

I'm very much still growing my TES account, but am pleased with this for a first October.....

Interesting to see the variation between sellers...

Krazikas likes this.
  19. A1EnglishResources

A1EnglishResources New commenter

As far as I know, a purchaser can download multiple times - so a teacher might login and download on each computer they use over the course of time, rather than downloading once to a memory stick and using that.

salsify likes this.
  20. MikeRichards

MikeRichards New commenter

My understanding is that downloads refer to each file you upload so if you’ve got more than 1 file attached to a resource, you’ll get multiple downloads.

salsify likes this.