1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What is the rate for Year 2 tutoring?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hpblossom, Feb 2, 2012.

1. hpblossom

hpblossom New commenter

I've never bought one...
    Seriously though, between £15 and £20 an hour depending on where you live. 2 hours is far too much for a weekday evening for a 6/7 year old. It's definitely, not definately, by the way.

2. k4b

k4b New commenter

lol just realised what i typed! But you know what i mean.

3. k4b

k4b New commenter

I live 1 min away. Parents asking for weekend for a couple of hours and do not think they realise that 2 hours is too long. I did suggest 1 hour and I will DEFINITELY express my concerns for a 2 hour tutoring.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Put this on the Private Tutors forum. 2 hours for year 2!! Good luck!!

5. k4b

k4b New commenter

I did say to him that 2 hours is too long. But he said maybe 1 to 2 hours.If he says 2 hours straight once again should i just accept that then obviously have short breaks, go for a walk or watch telly like you said.
    I do work with year 2 ch at school I know what they can and cannot do in a hour forget 2 hours.
    Obviously I would include lots of games, make it fun and interactive with breaks.