1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What is the objective of the education system today?

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by anon1231, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Education
    training, or study: to show one's education. 5.the science or art of teaching; pedagogics.
    Education is defined by many different forces all trying to row upstream. Whose boat are you in?

2. aw27

aw27 New commenter

Did you not have anything better to do at 3am?

3. Time is a matter of perspective.

4. Time is the most important factor of Education.the main objective of the Education of today is to get the best job.

5. You cannot possibly believe that those are the only objectives of education, no?

6. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

My view has always been that education changes peoples behaviour, for their own betterment.

Getting them qualified is also a bonus but not the prime mover for me.

Theories for and about education seem to me to be ' smoke and mirrors' generally, too many academics justifying their existence. I have great respect for those Teachers and Lecturers who have dedicated their working lives to 'learning'. By that I mean their pupils or students learning as the primary goal. Dedication to this goal is still endemic thank goodness, how it still is, is a mystery when there are so many things butting against them doing their jobs.

Thats my boat and I will continue rowing it.

7. Good job, lexus. Truck on! Not too many people feel that way anymore. Power to you!

8. Teaching should always be about the learner journey, however it has become about exams. Anyone can pass a exam if they are trained for it, I believe that coursework and practical assessment are more realistic to the real world.

The way education is going it is results driven and this is wrong because not everyone is designed to pass exams.. I look forward to when the Tory Government lose the next election.

9. In this place you say something worth listening to. Were you just trying to see how many times you could get your name printed on the TES website?

10. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

The answer to the title is: to make money in a pointless way that can they be squandered by misguided Principals on pointless thinga, and, of course, themselves.