1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

what is the next step promotion wise for a middle leader?

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by clubunderwood, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Ive been teaching for 10 years. Ive been a HOH nearly a year. Still waiting to go on a middle leaders course. CPD links to my science and PE teaching. I am thinking about my career development over the next two-three years and what i need to start putting on my CV to make a strong application for a AHT in the future. I know that I will need to take on a whole school responsibility at some point in addition to the job I already do. As to what attracts me to being an AHT - I want to be able to make a real difference for staff and students and often see others in that position doing a half adequate job at it. I am interested in raising standards for teaching and behaviour and want to be in a position where I could have a more direct impact in a school. I love the pastoral side of the job that I do at the moment and would like to develop that aspect futher.