1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What is the leaving date/start date if you are moving schools during the Easther holidays?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sideshow, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Help. If I go for a job that starts May 1st, what will my school do, this is half way through the term! What are the usually start/end dates for moving in Easter? I don't want to go into too many details. And I dont want to lose pay! Thanks

2. Help. If I go for a job that starts May 1st, what will my school do, this is half way through the term! What are the usually start/end dates for moving in Easter? I don't want to go into too many details. And I dont want to lose pay! Thanks

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Because Easter is a moveable feast I think many LEAs agree on a standardised leaving date for pay purposes that doesn't necessarily tally with the actual end/start of term. You should speak with your school's HR/Personnel person or contact your LEA if you want to keep it discrete.

4. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

It doesn't matter - because Easter is a moveable feast, then the teachers' pay and conditions state that you can resign on 30th April if you give notice by 28th February - you are NOT limited by term dates

5. Phew! It is just weird as 30th April is quite a few weeks into the term.... And a Monday to boot.

6. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

April 30th is the official resignation date and might well be insisted on by a teacher who is leaving the profession and wanted to earn an extra month's pay whe Easter is early but....
    when moving to another post in the same LA, schools often agree for staff changeover to be after the 2 week Spring Break.
    If the new post will definitely not start until 1st May, do not agree to leave your current post earlier (for a replacement to start at the beginning of the Summer term). You don't want a break in service or pay!
    Your current school could still take on the new teacher and have them take over your entire timetable and then use you as a floating teacher until 30th April.

7. Thanks Jubilee, I was hoping you would pop up. I don't mind what I teach as long as I get paid!