1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What is the current situation in FE?

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by Rachellemoist, Mar 9, 2011.

1. I am currently studying my PGCE (Post Complusary) and I would be interested to hear from current FE Staff to evaluate the current and future situation in FE, mainly regarding:
    1) Job prospects/opportunities - are most jobs PTVH positions? or reduced hours? if there are any jobs at all?
    2) Funding - what are the current funding issues and their impact within your insitution?
    3) How can a new teacher (Business Degree but teaching voluntary in Skills For Life) get herself noticed within a sea of more experienced teachers? It is sooooooo frustrating!
    Any advice/suggestions/information greatly appreciated
    R

2. I am currently studying my PGCE (Post Complusary) and I would be interested to hear from current FE Staff to evaluate the current and future situation in FE, mainly regarding:
    1) Job prospects/opportunities - are most jobs PTVH positions? or reduced hours? if there are any jobs at all?
    2) Funding - what are the current funding issues and their impact within your insitution?
    3) How can a new teacher (Business Degree but teaching voluntary in Skills For Life) get herself noticed within a sea of more experienced teachers? It is sooooooo frustrating!
    Any advice/suggestions/information greatly appreciated
    R