1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What is the current job situation?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by gigglefairy, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I've got a friend who's looking into teaching and has been asking me questions. One was about job availability and I really didn't know how to answer. I have been in the same school for all 5 years that I've been teaching, and we're an expanding school which means we're recruiting every year. However, I realise that that isn't a typical situation.
    How hard is it to get a regular primary teaching job at the moment? She's in the South London area if that helps.
    Thanks!
    giggle. xx

2. Jobs coming out of her ears then. Especially if she is willing to travel out of S London if nec (although in my experience and ho won't need to), she will struggle to NOT get a job.

3. Thanks Pixie! Is that because of struggling schools or a lack of teachers in the area?
    xx

4. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

Plenty of jobs around in North London too, due to increased population and therefore school expansions/bulge classes etc.

5. Thanks cally.