1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What is the adult: child ratio for school trips for those in FS2?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by pinkpoodle, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Hi,

Can anyone help me. I have been given the role of learning outside the classroom visits risk assessment co ordinator. I used our local authority website to find the ratios for children in year 1 and above but there is nothing for FS2- which I would have thought would be the most important. Instead I was directed to the EYFS site which gave ratios for in class but not trips.

I am going on the assumption that if the ratio for years 1-3 is 1:6 then FS2 will be lower so I am thinking that it should be 1:4 at the least (depending on activity)

Also if any schools take their FS2 children to the swimming pool what is the ratio then?

Many thanks

2. Hi,

Can anyone help me. I have been given the role of learning outside the classroom visits risk assessment co ordinator. I used our local authority website to find the ratios for children in year 1 and above but there is nothing for FS2- which I would have thought would be the most important. Instead I was directed to the EYFS site which gave ratios for in class but not trips.

I am going on the assumption that if the ratio for years 1-3 is 1:6 then FS2 will be lower so I am thinking that it should be 1:4 at the least (depending on activity)

Also if any schools take their FS2 children to the swimming pool what is the ratio then?

Many thanks

3. FollyFairy

FollyFairy Occasional commenter

http://www.new2teaching.org.uk/tzone/education/offsite_trips/default.asp - this might help you!
    Criteria for pools vary - check your local pool as depends on age of children, usually under 1:1 for under 5, but as I said depends on policy of your local pool.

4. Honey Loop

Honey Loop New commenter

Not sure if this is just our own school policy or the LAs, but we go on 1:4 for Reception and 1:2 for Nursery but if we go out as FS unit we go on a ratio of 1:3