1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What is Religion - an approach which engages disaffected students

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by durgamata, Jan 30, 2011.

1. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Hello lovely people,

another week about to start. Another weekend is ending. I have spent all afternoon and evening reflecting on the question 'What is Religion' in response to an email enquiry I received recently. This inspired me to write up some of the ways I have tried to approach the subject when teaching disaffected students.

This is a work in process as I am sure you will appreciate - and writing just 'off the top of my head' it is more of a conversation about the subject than an academic discourse. However I hope it will be useful and perhaps inspire some dialogue on ways in which other teachers have been able to connect with disaffected students.

At the end of the document I have given a brief overview of the way that new light or revelation has come into the world over the ages. But I forgot to include Confucius and Laozi (Taoism's main likely founder.) Of course there will be many others too, but I have to stop now. Busy day tomorrow so I'm not intending a night-shift tonight.

Do remember, I will come and give bespoke workshops to any school anywhere in UK free during the coming month. (only travel expenses required.) Contact me by pm or email (info@bluelotus.co -not .co.uk or .com, it really is .co) and I will phone to discuss in what way I may be able to support your department.

2. durgamata

Hello lovely people,

another week about to start. Another weekend is ending. I have spent all afternoon and evening reflecting on the question 'What is Religion' in response to an email enquiry I received recently. This inspired me to write up some of the ways I have tried to approach the subject when teaching disaffected students.

This is a work in process as I am sure you will appreciate - and writing just 'off the top of my head' it is more of a conversation about the subject than an academic discourse. However I hope it will be useful and perhaps inspire some dialogue on ways in which other teachers have been able to connect with disaffected students.

At the end of the document I have given a brief overview of the way that new light or revelation has come into the world over the ages. But I forgot to include Confucius and Laozi (Taoism's main likely founder.) Of course there will be many others too, but I have to stop now. Busy day tomorrow so I'm not intending a night-shift tonight.

Do remember, I will come and give bespoke workshops to any school anywhere in UK free during the coming month. (only travel expenses required.) Contact me by pm or email (info@bluelotus.co -not .co.uk or .com, it really is .co) and I will phone to discuss in what way I may be able to support your department.

3. durgamata

see

My shared resource - Updated this week
    What is Religion - an approach by DurgaMata
    Guide

ps
    there's no question mark on What is Religion because the file names don't accept them.