1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What is "post 16 enhancement"?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by peanut333, Feb 5, 2019.

1. peanut333

peanut333 New commenter

Hello,

Once of the training providers which I've applied to says that students will become a qualified teacher of pupils aged between 11 and 16 (with post-16 enhancement).

Please would anyone be able to give me their best guess of what post 16 enhancement means?

Another training provider offers a 11-18 PGCE so I'm guessing it's going to be a little bit different from that? Perhaps some time in A-level but not as much? o_O

Many Thanks

2. blueskydreaming

blueskydreaming Lead commenter

You'll probably have a 2 week period (or so) where you spend time in a sixth form at a secondary school or sixth form college, just so you can appreciate what goes on at AS/A level, and how it's different to KS3/4.

We had an enhancement period where you could choose something that interested you and do it - as we were an 11-18 course I chose SEN and EAL, and spent 2 weeks in an inclusion unit at the end of the course.