1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

What is one thing you have seen or done today that makes life a little less s**t than it was ?.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by peakster, Apr 5, 2020.

1. peakster

peakster Star commenter

On our walk today we saw quite a few Brimstone Butterflies (the males are Yellow and the females white) as well as a few Peacock Butterflies too.

Life goes on.

2. WB

WB Senior commenter

Got out into the garden did some weeding in the sun. Felt good. Saw some blue **** investigating our nest box.

Laughed when the lawn mower woudn't start just as we need it. It all felt so Easter holiday normal.

Jamvic, primarycat, bonxie and 5 others like this.
  3. WB

WB Senior commenter

Oh come on! It's the name of a bird. They were nice **** too!

lrw22, Jamvic and agathamorse like this.
  4. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Just had a male Brimstone fluttering about in the garden.

The little nature reserve we walked in this morning has lots of Woodpeckers living in it. The holes they make in the trees are being used by the aforementioned Blue Tuts for nest sites.

5. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

Spent a small amount of time in the garden. Watched the birds at the feeder. Watched my dog frolic. Did two small paintings. They were rubbish, but that's not the point.
    Tbh, my life doesn't feel that **** at the moment (aside from the obvious. I feel more listless than ****) but thought I'd join in anyway.

ShowerGel, Jamvic, primarycat and 2 others like this.
  6. cheesypop

cheesypop Senior commenter

For the third day running, the teenager agreed to come for a walk with me. She is becoming more pleasant on each walk.

7. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

upload_2020-4-5_16-28-4.jpeg
    This. carpet of wood anemones in wood very close to chez moi.

8. teapot24

teapot24 New commenter

My kids having a laugh having a water fight earlier. Me laughing when I sprayed myself in the face with the outside tap. It was freezing! Just the general laughter and silliness that is getting us through.

9. Flowersinspring

Flowersinspring Lead commenter

Gave the mad boy puppy a thorough brushing and managed to brush off the remnants of his scabby bits from his recent infection. Gross but strangely cathartic.

10. Jolly_Roger15

Jolly_Roger15 Star commenter

Sunshine with some warmth in it. Today, I was able to cycle along wearing shorts and a tee shirt, for the first time this year. :)

ShowerGel, Shedman, coffeekid and 4 others like this.
  11. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Sat in the garden in the sunshine (lawn mowed last week) and listened to Genesis' "Duke" album all the way through.

Twice.

Watched solitary bees investigating holes and cracks in the garage wall for potential nesting sites.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    Shedman, Norsemaid, coffeekid and 7 others like this.
  12. peakster

peakster Star commenter

It was really lovely today - I have rarely enjoyed being out so much as I did today.

It felt special.

13. Marshall

Marshall Star commenter

Feeling better so did lots of household chores which haven't been done for ages. It's windy here and sun shining only through wispy cloud.

Norsemaid, Alice K, coffeekid and 4 others like this.
  14. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Try "Seconds out" Nomad or "Or then there were three" - love that album.

Jamvic and nomad like this.
  15. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

16. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Got rid of a rotten railway sleeper I was using as a garden border and replaced it with woven hazel rustic fencing. That's 'rustic' in the sense of a bit rough looking, rather than the work of a skilled traditional rural craftsman. :)

We've had butterflies fluttering by here, and my wild flower patch is beginning to show some colour.

Sally006, coffeekid, Jamvic and 2 others like this.
  17. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

Went for a run in peaceful woodland this morning, socially distancing from the odd dog walker.
    Just having a rest from having cut the grass in the warm sunshine.

18. WB

WB Senior commenter

Rub it in!

19. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Ours too - looks nice actually.

20. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Our walk today included steep steps up from a wooded dingle. We have been including them in our route every other day. Today we made it to the top without stopping. The view at the top was stunning as usual.