1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

What is necessary to become a TA (UK)?

Discussion in 'Career clinic' started by samgardner28_sg, Sep 5, 2018.

  1. samgardner28_sg

    samgardner28_sg New commenter

    I recently returned from teaching ESL in Vietnam for two years. I am interested in getting work as a TA but am unsure what qualifications are really necessary for the role. Any help in this area would be appreciated.
  2. Kateray1

    Kateray1 Occasional commenter


    You will need your gcse English and Maths to grade 4 or above.

    You may need a level 2 supporting teaching qualification which most colleges offer from what I’ve seen.

    Also they may want a graduate in maths or science depending on role.

    Most ta posts I’ve seen recently are looking for people to use it as a stepping stone to teaching.

    Hope this helps.

Share This Page